Probiotics are the beneficial microorganisms (bacteria and beneficial yeasts) that the body needs to promote healthy digestion, nutrient assimilation, and many other vital processes. Their main job is to preserve the natural balance of microflora in the intestines necessary for the proper digestion and assimilation of food. You should have a ratio of 85% “good germs” to 15% “bad microorganisms” in your gut to maintain healthy intestinal flora and extraordinary health.
When bad microorganisms get the upper hand, your digestive system can get seriously out of whack and the result is often issues like . . .
- vaginal yeast infections for women
- body odor
- Crohn’s disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- skin disorders
- other acute conditions and chronic disorders
- and more
One of the many reasons we need probiotics in our diet now more than ever is because we’re consuming too many antibiotics. Besides the antibiotics your physician prescribes for you, if you eat food from conventionally raised livestock, like beef from cattle, dairy products from cows, and eggs and poultry from chickens, you are also, unfortunately, consuming the drugs these animals were giving to stay healthy while they were alive.
Other things that lead to an unhealthy digestive system and weak immune system are:
- coffee and cruddy foods
- refined sugar and starches
- processed foods
- municipal drinking water
- stress and negative emotions
Top Probiotic Foods to Boost your Health:
- Amasai: http://bit.ly/fgbamasai
- Really Raw Cheese: http://bit.ly/fgbcheese
- Cultured Whey: http://bit.ly/fgbsportswhey
- Cultured Veggies (kimchi, organic soy sauce, sauerkraut, etc.)
- Kvass (mostly available online)
- Natto (available at Asian markets and well-stocked natural food stores)
- Probiotic Salsa (try the one by Rejuvenative Foods)
- Kefir (available at most health food stores)
- Kombucha (available at most health food stores)
- Yogurt (Look for the sheep’s milk or goat’s milk varieties.)
(Source: “Live Beyond Organic” by Jordan S. Rubin. Win your own copy of this book by visiting http://www.facebook.com/FeelGoodBuzz and clicking on the November 22, 2011 post about the Feel Good Buzz Giveaway!)
Feel Good Buzz Special Note: We are promoting the new Beyond Organic food line and company by Jordan Rubin, former owner of Garden of Life supplements, because we’ve personally studied and experienced the unique and powerful nutrition and taste of the Beyond Organic products. We’ve found the Beyond Organic product pricing to be competitive to current other organic food products in the marketplace, but superior in quality and nutritious value.