Here’s a simple, affordable way to remove heavy metals like mercury, aluminum, and lead from the body: eat more cilantro (also called “Chinese parsley”)!
In 1995, Dr. Yoshiaki Omura, President and Founder of the International College of Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics and Director of Medical Research of the Heart Disease Research Foundation, observed that subjects had higher than normal levels of mercury in their urine after consuming Vietnamese soup, which has large amounts of cilantro.
He soon learned that giving cilantro to patients with mercury poisoning for several weeks successfully eliminated the toxin from the body.
Common Sources of Heavy Metals:
- Non-organic foods: Heavy metals are used in pesticides and fertilizers, so they’re sprayed on plants and dumped on the soil the plants use as food.
- Water supply: Industrial and agricultural waste goes right into the water supply when it rains.
- Eating fish: Fish living in polluted environments become polluted (just as we do).
- In mother’s milk: Pollution from mother to infant is commonly found.
- The blood of newborns: Pollution in the womb; its found consistently
- Mainstream deodorants: Women often apply aluminum after shaving and create small holes in the skin. (Aluminum absorbs either way, but this makes it easier.)
- Cigarette smoke: Hundreds of chemicals are in cigarettes – heavy metals too.
- Foods cooked in aluminum cookware or aluminum foil
- Over-the-counter drugs, including antacids
- Vaccines: Even if administered in youth
- Your mouth: If you have “silver” fillings
Heavy Metal Toxicity – Disease Connection:
Heavy metals have been connected with cancer, heart disease, brain deterioration, emotional problems, kidney disease, lung disease, and weak bones. (These are often diseases we associate with “just getting older”.)
For more heavy metal detox resources, browse the Feel Good Buzz “detox” category or email email@example.com.