According to the American College of Rheumatology, (2004), about one in fifty Americans have fibromyalgia, which accounts for three to six million people in the U.S. Fibromyalgia is the second most common ailment affecting the musculoskeletal system after osteoarthritis.
Common Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
* Exhaustion from head to toe
* Widespread pain (Think back to a time when you had a bad case of the flu to gain a better understanding of what fibromyalgia pain feel like.)
* Jaw or facial tenderness with symptoms similar to TMJ disorder
* Sensitivity to odors, noise, bright lights, medications, various foods and emotional or mental distress
* Major depression
* Constant headaches or migraines
Common Causes may Include:
* Nutritional deficiencies
* Immune system problems – Certain immunologic abnormalities are common among people with fibromyalgia. Some suggest that fibromyalgia is the result of toxins accumulating in the muscles from lactic acid build-up.
* Physically unfit muscles
* Disturbance in brain chemistry – Many people who develop fibromyalgia have a history of clinical depression.
* Sleep disturbances or Insomnia. Many researchers have noticed that fibromyalgia sufferers have a low level of serotonin. They suggest that the central cause of the pain of fibromyalgia is due to this low level of serotonin. Chronic low levels of serotonin cause the sensation of pain to be greatly exaggerated. The low levels of serotonin also may be the culprit of the insomnia and sleep disturbances found in fibromyalgia patients.
* Candida or intestinal candida overgrowth
* Food allergies (dairy products, wheat, fermented foods, and nightshades-potatoes, eggplant-are most common)
* Emotional stress and/or Adrenal Exhaustion
* Chronic mercury poisoning from amalgam dental fillings
Can Fibromyalgia be Healed?: Yes, it can! A good chiropractor with solid fibromyalgia experience and nutritional training or a naturopath can help with the intensive nutritional and diet therapy this is needed to overcome this debilitating condition. And, there are cutting edge supplements, such as the one at http://www.cudiscovery.com, that can make a tremendous difference for fibromyalgia sufferers.
Here’s an encouraging testimonial shared by one of our clients:
“I developed fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and adrenal fatigue almost 3 years ago. I was sleeping about 20 hours a day. With supplements and diet changes, my health slowly improved. After 2 years, I was able to stay up most of the day, but if I went out for a couple of hours, I was exhausted and had to return to bed for several days (sometimes up to 2 weeks!).
After about 3 weeks on the supplement at http://www.cudiscovery.com, my energy increased, and the continual pain reduced by about 50%! After about 2 months, I was able to go out shopping 3-4 days a week, and the pain had reduced by about 70%. Currently, I am able to do just about anything I want to do again, if it’s not too strenuous.
I was out for 14 hours the other day and became worn out, but I noticed that the recuperation period is less than 2 days now, instead of 7-10 days!
Thanks to this supplement, “hope” has returned to my thinking processes and I have become positive again. It has returned “quality” to my life!“
(Some of the content for this post was exerpted from http://www.fmnetnews.com/basics-symptoms.php and http://www.holisticonline.com/remedies/cfs/fib_causes.htm)